Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Sweet Treat Holiday Bucket ALTERED!!

Hello friends,

I jsut wanted to share with you this fun project that would be a great time with the kids!  Now I found this gem in our templete gallery. The templete was made by  Roxanne Buchholz. I love her templetes!! This is a 12 x 12 scrap page. Each page makes 2 buckets.


The cardstock used is a nice heavy weight smooth card stock.
To start gather your materials..here is a picture of what I used:

For this project I used my Cricut Expression to cut the scalloped circle for the lid. The Cricut cartridge I used is called Lovely Floral. It's one of the Lite cartridges sold at Walmart.
You will also need:
Scissors
Adhesive
Paper Trimmer
Large Paint can ~ sold at Michaels..
2 colors of ribbon
2 colors of cardstock. I used Bazzill Basics in Rain Forest and Red Carpet. Both sold at Michaels.
Edge Punch ~ I used Fiskars threading water
Ink ~ I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Pine Needle
Optional :
Imaginisce I Rock tool and Glam Rocks in Pearl

1. First step is to cut out all your die cuts. Take your time, but you dont have to be perfect! The ink will cover up any uneven cutting!




2. Ink edges with ink and set aside to dry. Becasue the cardstock is super smooth with almost glossy sheen to it the Distress Ink will take a few minutes to dry.



3. Cut circles out for lid using the red cardstock. I use scrap blue paper first to be sure that it would be the correct size. I first measured the circle ( one with picture on it) to see how wide it was ~ 4 1/2". I decided to cut my scallop circle at 5 1/2". It fit perfectly!!  Adhere your picture circle to the red circle.

4. Adhere circles to lid. Be sure to use a generous amount of adhesive so that is stays put!



This step is optional ~ I used my I Rock tool to adhere Glam Rocks to the snowflakes in the picture!


Here it is glammed up!!





It's hard to see in the picture but they give it a little more depth and visual interest!

5. Next step is to cut 2 ~ 4 1/2 x 12" strips of the green cardstock. 


6. Punch both sides of green paper.


7. From remaining red cardstock mat picture shown above on green cardstock. I cut a 3/16" mat using Perfect Layers tool. Adhere to 1 of the green cardstock. Optional ~ Apply Glam Rocks to snowflakes.



8. Adhere green strips to bucket.Match pattern as best as you can!


9. Tie string around bucket twice and secure. I also tied metal ring and tag . I chose to tie sting and ribbon on the handles. It's up to you!!

Here it is!!



Simple and easy!! Great for teacher gifts ! Whatever you decide to put in your bucket, I would place in celephane bags. The inside of the buckets are not real clean!

Happy Creating!!

And as always if you have any questions or would like to start your own project I am here to help! Contact me today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment